Projects and grants from international organizations
- • Grant postdoctoral SCIEX: Innovative modelling approaches as tools in conservation; Institutul de Biologie Evolutionara si Studii de Mediu, Universitatea Zurich, Evetia. Project manager: Dr. Raluca Băncilă
- • Matrix population models for population conservation and management course (Montpellier, France). Dr. Raluca Băncilă
- • Contract IFA-CEA-C4-08 / 2014-2016 - Teleconnections during climate change between Western and Eastern Europe based on climatic archives of contemporary speleotems during the last interglacial in France and Romania (FREem)
- • CAVEMONITOR 17SEE/2014-2017 - Monitoring human impact in show caves- a pilot project on monitoring protocols and remediation techniques to be implemented in Romanian show caves
- • Grant Synthesys: Patterns of plastron shape asymmetry in captive populations - a case study in Testudo graeca; Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), Belgia (2013).Project manager: Dr. Raluca Băncilă
- • Contract 085559 (USF - SUA) Ice deposits in caves: a novel paleoclimate archive, 2009. Responsabil proiect: Dr. B. Onac
- • Grant National Science Foundation 0823253 (USA) Northern Annular Mode (NAM) Variability during the Little Ice Age and Medieval Warm Period in a Cave Ice Core Record from Northwestern Romania, 2009. Project manager: Dr. B. Onac
- • Grant ESF to organize LESC/SCSS Exploratory Workshop. Effectiveness and gaps in European legislation concerning subterranean fauna protection and the importance of setting up a European network of protected caves, 9 – 10 Iulie 2006. Project manager: Dr. O. MOLDOVAN
Projects, grants from national organizations
- • Under the Priority Areas Partnership (PN II) - Resilience of hydrothermal systems against anthropogenic and natural disturbances. Case study: the sulphurous thermomineral deposit from Baile Herculane.
- • Contract 2603 / 2012-2015 – Monitoring the conservation status of caves and species of bats of community interest in Romania.
- • Grant nr. 31/2010-2013, within the PCCE program IDEI - Carcass climate archives - an integrated approach to studying and modeling rapid climatic oscillations.
- • Contract 48 / 2012-2015, Under the Priority Areas Partnership (PN II) - Resilience of hydrothermal systems against anthropogenic and natural disturbances. Case study: the sulphurous thermomineral deposit from Baile Herculane.
- • Contract 4/25.10.2011-2013 PNII-RU-PD (2011-2013) – Application of DGT / DET techniques in the study of the migration of some elements in the site of the future Saligny waste disposal site. Project manager: Dr. A. Tudorache
- • Contract 1/25.10.2011-2013 CNCS – UEFISCDI PN-II-RU-PD-2011-3-0088(2011-2013)– Factors influencing the use of habitats by the opilion communities (Arachnida: Opiliones) in Mehedinti Plateau Geopark. Project manager: Dr. R. Plăiaşu
- • Proiect POSDRU/89/1.5/S/60189 Program "Biotechnologies with industrial and medical applications", Individual research project "Biotechnologies with applications in the conservation of natural resources, microbial biodegradation of groundwater pollutants". Project manager: Dr. Brad, T.
- • POSDRU Project, Postdoctoral Programs for Sustainable Development in a Knowledge Based Society, "Babeş-Bolyai" University of Cluj-Napoca, Luscious Ostracode Ensembles - Archives in Paleoclimate reconstruction for the last 150,000 years in Romania. Project manager: Dr. Iepure S.
- • IDEI_WE_50 47/2012: Fossil remains in karst and their role in reconstructing Quaternary paleoclimate and paleoenvironments. Project manager: Dr. Silviu Constantin
- • Partenership RESILTHERM 48/2012-2015: Resilience of hydrothermal systems against anthropogenic and natural disturbances. Case study: the sulphurous thermomineral deposit from Baile Herculane. Project manager: Dr. Constantin Marin
- • PN-II-ID-PCE-2011-3-0145/2011-2013: Holocene tree line and timberline changes in northern Carpathians - a key approach for understanding the sensitivity of upper mountains environment. Project manager: Dr. Angelica Feurdean
- • PN-II-RU-PD 1/2011-2013: Factors influencing the use of habitats by the opilion communities (Arachnida: Opiliones) in Mehedinti Plateau Geopark. Project manager: Dr. Rodica Plaiasu
- • PNII-RU-PD 4/2011-2013: Implementation of DGT / DET techniques in the study of the reduction of some elements in the site of the future Saligny waste disposal site. Project manager: Dr. Alin Tudorache
- • LIFE+ Nature and Biodiversity 08/NAT/RO/000504/2010-2013: Bats conservation in Craiului Forest, Bihor and Trascau Mountains. Project manager: Dr. Daniela Borda
- • PCCE-IDEI 31/2010: Carcass climatic archives - an integrated approach to studying and modeling rapid climatic oscillations (KARSTHIVES). Project manager: Dr. Silviu Constantin
- • ID-2325/2009-2011: Human impact on the underground ecosystem: analysis of abiotic and biotic factors by using microbiology and molecular genetics methods with implications for conservation, 2009-2011. Project manager: Dr. Daniela Borda
- • BLUEBOXSENS 82102/2008-2011: Construction and characterization of molecular sensors based on ciclobis derivatives (paraquat-p-phenylene) used in the detection and identification of local factors generating seizures (hazardous and priority hazardous substances). Project manager: Dr. Constantin Marin
- • MIGRELEMENT 32112/2008: Study of the migration of some elements in the aquifers in the area of the future final landfill of weak and medium active Saligny. Project manager: Dr. Constantin Marin
- • Bilateral cooperation: Fauna in percolation water in caves as indicator of surface pollution. Project manager: Dr. Oana Moldovan
- • SPANRO NAT 2000: The scientific substantiation of a model for the implementation of Natura 2000 legislation in Romania, taking as a case study the animal species listed in the Habitats Directive 92/43 / EEC (partner). Project manager: Dr. Eugen Nitu
- • MODEL-ACVASUB 31-032/2007: Modeling the impact of heavy metals on aquifers through complex aquatic groundwater study and GRID monitoring. Project manager: Dr. Oana Moldovan
- • NATFORMAN 59/2006: Structure and dynamics of natural forest ecosystems, support for grounding forestry measures close to nature and for sustainable forest management (partner). Project manager: Dr. Eugen Nitu
- • The rapid climatic variations recorded in the karst deposits in Romania, highlighted by isotopic and paleomagnetic indicators. Project manager: Dr. Silviu Constantin
- • TAXFILMOL 82/2005:Genetic diversity, taxonomy and phylogeny of some species in Romanian flora and fauna studied by morphological and molecular methods (partner). Project manager: Dr. Daniela Borda
- • 31/2008: Carcass climatic archives - an integrated approach to studying and shaping rapid climatic oscillations. Project manager: Dr. Silviu Constantin
- • 1244/2007: Study of the mechanisms of transfer of some pollutants into the karst environment. Project manager: Dr. Constantin Marin
- • 1150/2007: Complex modeling of the transfer of pollutants in the epicartic ecotone area. Project manager: Dr. Oana Moldovan
- • A-376/2005-2007: The use of genetic sequences along with the complex morphological and ecological analysis in elucidating some taxonomy and molecular evolution problems in the cryptic diversity of chiroptera. Project manager: Dr. Ruxandra Bucur
- • A-375/2005-2007: Structure, functional role and ways of preserving the biodiversity of natural, transformed and created aquatic ecosystems, compared to clean waters and polluted waters. Project manager: Dr. Daniela Borda
- • The vulnerability of karst and associated land in Romania. Criteria and land valuation. Project manager: Dr. Cristian Goran
- • 98/2007: Major climatic changes in the Middle-Actual Pleistocene range based on the dynamics of mammalian associations in Southeastern Romania. Geochemistry, paleomedias, correlations with global events. Project manager: Dr. Emanoil Stiuca
- • 87/2007: Ecological reconstruction of the underground habitat of Cioclovina Uscata cave, with a special look at the biodiversity of the site in a paleoclimatic context. Project manager: Dr. Alexandru Petculescu
- • 82/2007: Use of endemic species in historical biogeography and delimitation of karst protection areas in the Western Carpathians. Project manager: Dr. Oana Moldovan
- • 80/2007: Modeling the variation of structure and activity of microbial communities in biofilms from the sulfur-air thermal water interface, under the conditions of the aquifer at Mangalia (Cave of Movile). Project manager: Dr. Alexandra Hillebrand